How many days should you wait before eating your bagel? -- Exclusive Interview

May 19, 2014
The bagel has been part of a delicious breakfast for decades. But how old should your bagel be before you bite into it? We brought in Bernie Hughes, owner of Hughes Bagels in Chicago and Marty Goldman, a finance director in Newark, NJ to weigh in on the question.

Yum bagels

Poopbus: "Welcome to Poopbus, Bernie and Marty, it's a pleasure to have you into the studio. Let's start with Bernie. As a bakery owner, how long do you think people should wait before eating their bagels?"

Bernie: "This is an easy question. People should enjoy bagels as fresh as they can! Nothing beats a bagel fresh out of the oven!"

Poopbus: "Marty, same question."

Marty: "As a long time connoisseur of bagels, I personally think people should wait at least a day or two before chowing down. It's best to toast them before enjoying and I like to top with cream cheese and occasionally lox."

Bernie: "Nonsense Marty! A bagel is best when it is fresh! You should never think about toasting them. I only do that because I can charge people more at the store."

Marty: "Exactly my point Bernie. My strategy is to stockpile the day old bagels my local bakery sells for half price. I keep them out for 5 days, but after that I stick them in my freezer for a rainy day. I never go hungry for breakfast."

Bernie: "Oh I see what kind of person you are...... You're one of those moochers that clean my shelves after a day of waiting. I bet you'd take bagels out of my dumpster if you could!"

Marty: "Well I'm not the one who sells bagels for a living. You live in a smelly apartment while I live in a luxurious condo."

Bernie: "Who are you calling smelly, cheapskate??!?!"

It was at this point we had to stop the interview as it had turned uncivil. How old should your bagels before eating them? We don't know.

Stay tuned for the next interview from Poopbus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment